Rules & Guidelines
Be safe and respectful to EVERYONE in the bus.
- Listen and follow the driver’s instructions.
- Keep your hands, feet and personal items to yourself.
- Keep windows at the third notch or above and keep heads and hands safe inside.
- Stay seated at all times.
- Talk quietly to your seat partner.
- No food or drinks are allowed on the bus.
- Keep your bus clean by picking up your garbage and depositing it in the waste can in the front of the bus.
Guidelines for Students transported on School Vehicles
To ensure the safe transport of all students on Chief Leschi vehicles, it is mandatory that they follow the rules below. This includes the time they are waiting at the bus stop before the bus arrives to pick them up. Violation of these rules may result in disciplinary action up to and including suspension from bus riding privileges.
- Cooperate with the bus driver at all times. Students must identify themselves to the driver when asked to do so. Students must show courtesy and respect to the bus driver the same as they do to their teacher.
- Proper classroom conduct is expected on the school bus. Ordinary conversation with appropriate language is expected. Students must remain seated while the bus is in motion at all times for their safety and the safety of others on the bus.
- In the event that students are assign to a seat on the bus, they must stay in their assigned seat during the entire route. Seat assignments are sometimes necessary when there are disciplinary issues on the bus.
- Students need to help the driver keep the bus clean by throwing all refuse items in the garbage can in the bus or taking refuse items off the bus with them.
- Windows must remain shut unless permission is obtained from the driver to open them. In the event that the driver gives permission, students must keep all items inside the bus such as heads, arms or garbage. Windows may not be below the 3rd
- Eating and drinking on the bus is not allowed for the safety of the passengers. Special arrangements to have food and drink are sometimes approved for extracurricular field trips when other arrangements are not available. Only water will be allowed on the bus.
- Weapons are never allowed in the passenger compartment of a school bus. Items with sharp, pointed or jagged edges must not be brought on the bus for the safety of all the passengers. Large or bulky items must not block the aisle or the emergency exits at any time. Incendiary devices such as fireworks, matches, lighters, gasoline, ammunition, firearms or any other flammable materials are not allowed on the bus at any time.
- Damaging of school property such as bus seats or broken windows may result in disciplinary action as well as restitution must be made.
- Tobacco, Alcohol or drugs or any possession of these items will result in immediate disciplinary action.
- Students must ride their regularly assigned bus to their designated stop unless permission to change has been approved by a school official. For their safety, students must always cross the street in front of the bus, never behind. Students must wait for the driver to signal that it is clear to cross the street.
- Animals are not permitted on the school bus unless it is a seeing-eye dog.
- Emergency evacuation procedures will be practiced each year. Students must follow the direction of the driver for emergency drills.