The following are the goals of the Chief Leschi Schools Student Services department:
- Provide early interventions to ensure that students are appropriately identified and provided services.
- Ensure that students are appropriately taught in the least restrictive settings to meet their needs.
- Document that each child is making progress toward his or her individual education plan (IEP) goals.
- Use active case management to individually support each child’s progress toward mastery on aligned academic standards.
- Deliver appropriate transitional services to students for successful post-secondary placements.
- Provide comprehensive related services to increase attainment of IEP goals.
- Provide extended school years.
- Increase self-advocacy and self-reliance for each student with an individual education plan.