Late-Start Wednesday Information
2019-2020 Late-Start Wednesdays
- September: 11, 25
- October: 2, 9, 16, 30
- November: 6, 13, 20
- December: 4, 11, 18
- January: 8, 15, 22, 29
- Febraury: 5, 12, 19, 26
- March: 4, 11, 25
- April: 1, 15, 22, 29
- May: 6, 13, 27
- June: 3, 10
Read the Frequently Asked Questions below to learn more about late-start Wednesdays adopted by the School Board.
Q1. Why did our schools adopt a late-start day?
Our expectations of our students, and therefore our teachers, have continued to grow and change. Instructional staff use our late-start day to:
- Learn new strategies to teach students with increasingly diverse learning needs.
- Review student learning data to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction and adjust teaching to imporve outcomes for our students.
- Implement new curriculum that is designed to prepare students for a more complex world.
- Master and incorporate new technology into the learning environment.
- Plan and prepare for their daily instruction of students.
Q2. Why have the late-start?
To not interfere with our students and families after-school activities.
Q3. Won't this result in less instructional time?
Our schools leadership and School Board have adopted an 180-day student year, and have developed bell schedules with little to no reduction in overall classroom time.
Q4. Who do I contact if I have questions?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our schools main offices at 253.445.6000.