Find Internet, financial, & wellness resource links.
Anxiety and stress right now can come up for both adults and children. When there are unknowns, it can create many questions and feelings of uncertainty. Recognizing what we can control and do as adults can help prepare us on how to best communicate with children. Your school counselors and staff members are here to support you!
Here are some helpful articles for our families:
Comcast is offering its Internet Essentials program free to new customers for 60 days. All new customers will receive a free self-install kit that includes a cable modem and WiFi router. There is no term contract.
To sign up, applicants can visit the Internet Essentials website, which includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. Or call 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
CenturyLink® Internet Basics
2505 South 38th Street, a114, Tacoma, WA 98409
Served by Routes: Pierce Transit 57
Centurylink Internet Basics offers a $9.99 monthly internet service to low-income households.
- Reside where CenturyLink® offers internet service.
- Have not subscribed to CenturyLink internet service and are not a current CenturyLink internet customer.
- Do not have an overdue CenturyLink bill or unreturned equipment.
- Follow current guidelines for Lifeline/TAP phone service programs.
- The program is based on income and family size.
- Participating in a federal assistance program is a requirement.
2516 South Holgate Street, Tacoma, WA 98402
Served by Routes: Pierce Transit 28
Rainier Connect is South Puget Sound’s premier phone, cable TV & high-speed Internet provider. Homes & businesses choose us for quality phone, DSL, cable & TV service in Tacoma, Puyallup, Centralia, Eatonville, Graham & beyond.
- We are not aware at this time that there are any providers for a discounted rate for internet for low-income individuals or households.
AT&T is offering low-cost wireline home internet service to qualifying households:
- With at least one resident who participates in the U.S. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- With an address in AT&T’s 21-state service area, at which we offer wireline home internet service.
- Without outstanding debt for AT&T fixed internet service within the last six months or outstanding debt incurred under this program.
Phone: (206) 633-1517
Served by Route: Metro Transit 31, 32, 62
InterConnection is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides many resources to underserved communities all around the world. Their goal is to bridge the digital divide and they help by providing high-quality refurbished computers to other non-profit and non-governmental organizations.
Digital Equity Services:
- Low-Cost Internet
- Affordable Devices ranging from $100- $500 and up
https://connectall.org/ (Powered by InterConnection.org)
PCs for People
PCs for People is a program that provides affordable personal computers, computer repairs, and internet service to individuals or households with limited technological experience due to social, physical, or economic circumstances. PCs for People also provide free pick-up for whoever wants to donate computers or devices to help the community and the environment.
Digital Equity Services:
- Affordable personal computers.
- Computer repair service.
- High-speed internet service for as low as $10 per month.
- Program is based on income or currently enrolled in an income-based government assistance program.
Have you or someone you know been financially impacted by the COVID-19 crisis? The Washington Department of Financial Institutions has developed a list of financial resources for Washington families, including unemployment assistance, mortgage, and rent assistance, paying for credit cards, utility assistance, paying for student loans, and more.
You can find these resources here: https://dfi.wa.gov/coronavirus/financial-resource