For the schools and support departments, the Technology Services department provides computer and network services, telecommunications, Internet access, and videoconferencing services.
Technology Services also maintains student records through the Native American Student Information System (NASIS) used by all Bureau of Indian Affairs schools throughout the nation.
Chief Leschi Schools uses an automated calling system called AlertNow. For emergencies, weather events, major school announcements, parents are called with this automated system. To make sure that important messages are received, parents should be sure that the schools always have their up-to-date contact information.
- We believe that school graduates need technology supported, world-class skills to successfully compete today.
- We believe that community knowledge, involvement, and support are vital to student learning and achievement.
- We believe that well-prepared and well-supported teachers are critical to successful use of educational technology.
- We believe that the school curriculum and teachers should be supported by classroom technology.
- We believe that all technology planning, acquisition, controls, and deployment should be centered on curriculum support.
- We believe that school technical resources should be integrated, standardized, and be provided by excellent support systems.
The Technology Goals for Chief Leschi Schools are in line with the Chief Leschi Schools Comprehensive School Reform Plan (CSRP), Secondary School Improvement Plan (SIP), and the Elementary School Improvement Plan. Technology at Chief Leschi Schools does not exist as an island in the educational process, but as another support tool to increase student achievement.
The following are the Chief Leschi Schools technology goals, some of which are identical to goals in the CSRP and SIPs.
- Improve student learning and achievement.
- Provide instructional system support to teachers.
- Improve access to technology for the learning community.
- Provide for a world-class administrative network.
- Develop the necessary physical environment to support school educational and administrative direction.
- Provide for an excellent technology support system.
- Provide the policy framework for successful utilization of technology through Chief Leschi Schools.